This process is for changing a name in a valid passport.
This application is to be used for amending a current passport to reflect your new, legal name.

You may use this application if you can answer "YES" to both parts:

1. Your passport is less than one year old, AND
2. You can supply the official document(s) indicating the change of name.

If you answered "no" you will be required to renew your passport. Please go to renew your passport.

In order to expedite your name change passport application, please follow each of the following steps. An incomplete or incorrectly completed application will delay the issue of your passport. To make the process easier to complete we suggest you print this page and follow the steps in the order presented.

1. Your Valid Passport

2. Evidence of Immediate Travel - Must provide a copy of 1 of the following:

  • Round trip ticket indicating travel to a foreign country
  • Travel Itinerary
  • Business traveler’s may submit a business letter if the above is not available

3. DS-5504 Form - You can obtain the form from either source. Fax or photocopies are not acceptable.

4. Original Legal Records Documenting Name Change

  • Original Marriage license
  • Original Divorce Decree
  • Original Court order showing the name change

Photocopies of documents are not accepted by the Passport Agency

5. Fees - Government and Travel Visa Express fees are paid in separate checks:

  • $60 Government fees. You will write a check to "U.S. Department of State" for $60 (please write your date of birth on the memo line of the check).
  • $85 to TravelVisaExpress. Also include payment for the return shipping option you selected (if applicable). If you want to pay by credit card, please download credit card authorization form and send along with all documents.

5. Federal Express Shipping Instructions

  • Send all the above mentioned documents + $18 for return FedEx to:

5438 Geary Boulevard, San Francisco, CA 94121
Phone: 1-888-263-0023


Visa Services

TravelVisaExpress.com specializes in obtaining travel visa(s) for US Citizens and foreign nationals.

Passport Services

Passports for United States Citizens who wish to travel internationally within the next 30 days.

© 2002 - 2021 Travel Visa Express. All Rights Reserved.