SECOND US PASSPORT
Second Passports Can Only Be Issued Under These Circumstances:
Second passports are valid for two years. The validity of the second passport can be extended at the end of the two-year period by the Department of State.
In order to apply and receive a second United States passport you must follow the instructions as outlined below. To make the process easier to complete we suggest you print this page and follow the steps in the order presented.
Second Passport Application Instructions
In order to apply and receive a United States passport you must follow the instructions as outlined below. To make the process easier to complete we suggest you print this page and follow the steps in the order presented.
1. Your Current Valid Passport - A second passport is an extension of your current passport. Therefore you are required to present your primary passport in support of your application. If your current passport is expiring or expired you will need to renew it before you apply for a second passport.
2. Application Form DS-82 - Fax or photocopies are not acceptable. Complete but do NOT sign the form until you are in front of an Acceptance Agent.
3. Two Passport Photographs 2x2 inches
4. Evidence of Immediate Travel - Must provide a copy of 1 of the following:
7. Letter addressed to US Passport Service
8. Federal Express Shipping Instructions