⚡ Looking for Rush Expedited US Passport Service? ⚡

Travel express visa

DS-82 U.S. Form. What is it?

The DS-82 form also known as ‘U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals’ is the form required to be filled for renewing a passport. But before you decide to start a passport renewal application, you must verify if you are eligible to do so. If not, you will be required to apply for the renewal of the passport in person. The following are the criteria you must meet to be able to apply to renew the passport through mail.
Your U.S passport can only be renewed if ALL of the following conditions are met:
  • You still have your U.S. Passport in your possession.
  • Your previous U.S. Passport was issued when you were age 16 or over.
  • Your previous U.S. Passport was issued no more than 15 years ago.
  • Your current U.S. Passport is undamaged
  • Your passport was issued in your current name or you are able to provide evidence for your name change.

Sometimes a U.S Passport can get lost or stolen and the individual may not even realize that it is missing. In this case, you will be unable to use the adult passport renewal services to have the passport replaced. Instead, you will have to follow the procedure for replacing a lost or stolen passport.

Can I print passport application form online?

You can print the PDF version of the DS-82 form online from the www.travel.state.gov website or you can simply click on this link for the passport renewing form to open. Upon clicking on this link, the passport application form will open in another tab. You can complete the form online and print it or have it saved offline and finish your application form to renew your passport later.

What is the processing time to renew your passport?

This depends on the service you have chosen. If you have decided to apply for a routine passport, the processing time can be 12-16 weeks depending on the volume of applications. There is an increase in passport application submissions during peak travel times and that may cause additional delays when applying through the post office. This peak travel time is usually when the holiday season approaches and people plan for vacations. If you need your passport faster than this you have to expedite your application process.

Through the expedited option, the application process to apply for a new passport, renewal of an expired passport or other passport related matters is shortened. The estimated processing time is 4 to 6 weeks when applied through the post office. It can be renewed in as little as 24 hours when expedited with a passport agency such as Travel Visa Express. With this option, Travel Visa Express charges an additional fee in order to speed up the processing of your application. Check the price here.

How to fill up the application form?

Choose the regular passport book (standard) option if you do not wish to pay an additional cost. If you are a frequent traveler and require a larger passport book, you may select the option for a large passport book (non-standard) but will be charged to pay extra.
The first part of the form requires you to fill in your personal information including your name, date of birth, gender, place of birth, contact information and most importantly your mailing address. You will be required to provide a Social Security Number. If you do not have a Social Security Number, you will be required to hand in a statement which will have to be signed and dated. This statement must contain the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: I have never been issued a Social Security Number by the Social Security Administration.”
You will also be provided space to attach your passport photo with instructions for the size of your passport picture. Next to it, you have to give details regarding your current passport book or passport card which has to be renewed. The last section on this page is related to a name change situation. It only applies to you if you have ever changed your name.
The next page requires some information related to your physical appearance including height, hair color, and eye color. You will also have to state your occupation, employer or school, contact numbers, permanent address, emergency contact, and travel plans.
In order to get your passport processing in time, you must make sure that you have completed the entire form and are not leaving out anything. Double-check the information you have already filled out again to avoid making any mistakes.

What are the documents required for passport renewal?

Along with your completed application form DS-82, the following is the list of documents you will be required to have prepared before you start your application process:
  • Two passport photos (2″ x 2″ with a white background). A photo service is available at our office.
  • Proof of Identity (optional).
  • Please call for a Letter of Authorization.
  • Travel itinerary.
  • Online Order Receipt (If you chose expedited service option for your passport with Travel Visa Express).
  • Money order or check to the US Department of State.

What is the cost of renewing a passport?

Following is the cost of routine passport services and it does not apply to expedited passport service.
  • Passport Book (Adults): $110
  • Passport Book (Minors): $80
A passport book is the default option however, you can add on to apply for a passport card with an additional charge. When expeditating through a post office, you will be charged an additional $60.00 (processing time being from 4-8 weeks or more depending on the volume they handle at the time). While expediting with Travel Visa Express (processing time being from 2 weeks to 24 hours depending on the service you require) has different charges according to how quickly you require your passport service.
The fee should be included as a personal check or money order payable to the US Department of State. Also, include your full name and date of birth on the front of the check or money order. Cash is not accepted as a payment method through the mail.
Following is the way how you must fill your check to “U.S. Department of State”:

How it works

After you have done everything mentioned above, you are ready to send your renewal application into the mail for passport acceptance at the center. You should make sure that a large envelope that can fit the application documents without having to be fold is used. It should include your completed application, your most recent passport, name change document (if it applies to you), passport photo and payment to the US Department of State.
You can expedite your passport through the post office where the processing time is from 4-8 weeks or longer depending on the volume they handle at the time. However, just by paying a little extra, you can get your passport expedited with Travel Visa Express.
The major difference being the fact that you can get your passport in 2 weeks or under without having to go through the hustle. We at Travel Visa Express are experienced expeditors who have created a detailed step-by-step application process so that you can cruise through the application process. You will also not be required to go in-person for the application process, unlike other expedition methods that require you to be present in-person.
Why not expedite your passport with Travel Visa Express and save time and hustle of running around the city just for a passport booklet! Contact our nearest branch now and get this done.

Travel Visa Express provide the following expedited services:

  • New United States Passport
  • Second Valid Passport
  • U.S. Passport Renewal
  • Replace Lost or Stolen Passports
  • Child Passports
  • Passport Name Change
  • Passport Gender Change
  • U.S Passport Card
  • Visa Services
Each passport service has its own requirement, therefore click on the link suited to you for more information.
Our step by step detailed approach will guide you through the application process. Browse through 24 Hour Passport and Visas website for more information or contact our nearest regional office, who will be able to assist you with your queries.

Who needs a DS-82 U.S. Form?

Everyone who needs to renew their passport concerning expiration date may use DS-82 U.S. Form.

What is a DS-82 U.S. Form Used for?

Passport renewal application is used whether your passport has expired or near the expiration date. This form is used to renew the U.S. passport. However, there are some limitations mentioned in the instruction part.

Is a DS-82 U.S. Form Accompanied by Other Forms?

This form has a list of required documents. While filing DS-82 U.S. Form you should add your most recent U.S. passport book and/or card. Whether you are married or your name has changed, you have to file this app with a copy of your marriage certificate or a court order. This form should be also accompanied by fees and a recent color photograph.