$160 Government fee for the passport book.
You will write a check or purchase a money order to the “US Department of State.” Please write your full name and date of birth on the memo line of the check or money order. If using a personal or business check, the name and address of the account holder have to appear on it. The address can be handwritten if not featured. Temporary checks cannot be used;$15 Government fee for a Passport Card
that allows one to cross borders with Canada and Mexico by land. Passport Card is optional
, and if you would like to have one, you need to indicate that when filling out form DS 11 online;$35 Acceptance agent fee
that will be charged when your application is being executed.
The check or money order should not be for an amount smaller or larger than listed above. The acceptance agent may suggest adding a mailing fee (which is not applicable when using an agency to expedite passport processing), and enclosing payment for an incorrect amount will cause delay in processing.
Authorization Process – The Acceptance Agent
will verify your identity, review your supporting documents and witness the signing of your application and seal your paperwork in an envelope.
- Acceptance Agents are usually found in Passport Acceptance Facilities in local post offices, courthouses and other government offices authorized to accept passport applications. Not every post office/court house is a Passport Acceptance Facility.
- Do NOT sign the DS-11 until directed to do so by the Acceptance Agent. You will sign the application after the Acceptance Agent verifies your application. Applicants aged 16 or 17 need a parent to accompany them to co-sign the application.
- Tell the Acceptance Agent that a courier service will deliver the materials to the Passport Agency. This Department of State policy is called “Hand Carrying of Executed Applications”. The policy is detailed on page 31 and 44 of the Acceptance Agent Manual.
- The Acceptance Agent will check your proof of identity, endorse the documents and seal them in an envelope marked: "To be opened by authorized passport officials only." Do NOT open the envelope after it is sealed!
- Do NOT hand your payment of Visa Express expediting service fees to the Acceptance Agent to seal inside the envelope.
- Print your name, departure date and date of birth on the outside of the sealed envelope.